Report of M05: Rob Rufus - Five ways of increasing in the Spirit of Faith
- I have a problem with the teaching that God does nothing except in response to mens prayers. How did he great the universe
- Nevertheless he does respond to faith initiatives
- Jesus seems to be totally controlled by his fathers initiative
- Other times it looks like he is being directed by the faith impulses of mortal men (e.g. Jairus)
- Then the woman touched his garment and he focused on her
1. Be honest with God that you dont have the faith to heal those in wheelchairs
- The doesnt mean it is not the will of God.
- Jesus says, all things are possible to them that believe
- Often we need to learn how weak and needy we are before God will help us. It is not that we are strong and just need a little help, but we have no strength
2. By exercising the Spirit of Faith
- Story of a blind woman he prayed for. Not healed, but he did try!
- Peter sank, but at least he got out of the boat!
- He started exercising his faith, and later on his shadow was healing people
- Story of a blind baby who was healed a short time afterwards
- Faith increases when we exercise it
3. Rom 10:17 - Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God
- Katherine Kuhlman had people singing until the presence of God was thick
- Sometimes people can be healed without anyone touching them, just in the worship service
- A women who had cancer and was so looking forward to dying because she wanted to be with her husband
- She had 3 weeks to live and refused to allow anyone to pray for her
- Came to the service to say goodbye to everyone
- By the time she had got home she was totally healed!
- It was a sovereign initiative of Godbecause he enjoys it
- But after that I was so full of confidence I went to pray for a wealthy woman
- There was no faith in the room. It was horrible
- I just got angry and hear myself say you are just an arrogant old bat, rude and grumpy. How does this give glory to God?
- If I can show you from the Word of God... I spent an hour going through the Bible showing healings.
- 1:15 hours a light came on. Now she is angry with her priest for lying to her!
- She angrily got up and walked away from her wheelchair
4. A Word of Knowledge
- Often a word is given for healing
5. Activated through impartation
- Acts 6, possibly the first deacons
- Chose 7 men from among you. They chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Spirit, and Philip
- opposition arose
- Philip was another of them and went to Samaria, doing signs and wonders
- up till now only the apostles were reported to be doing miracles
- The others were full of the Spirit and faith, but not activated yetwhat transitioned them?
- These people believed in impartation
- We underestimate the ministry of laying on of hands.
- Personally I have pastored local churches for all my ministry life apart from the last three years
- I know what it is to work with issues people still have after they have been healed
- We need to keep a church in a revival atmosphere, an expectation of the supernatural.
- Dont fight against the sovereignty of God, but combine it with faith
- The worship time with the presence of God is really important
- Avoid bubblegum songs, but focus on the glory
- The elders should be involved in leading the worship, so when the glory of God comes they can step in and bring testimony and words of knowledge
- Let there be something in every sermon that raises the expectation and faith for the supernatural
- Send the healing teams out to pray for those who are still not healed